IRON WOODS® CUMARU
TIME TESTED. Over 40 years of proven performance in High Profile Commercial Applications Iron Woods like Ipe, Cumaru, Garapa Gold and Red Balau are renowned for their natural resistance to everything nature can throw at them.
Iron Woods Cumaru is a South American Species recognized for its incredible strength and durability. It is known as one of the most durable species available. Cumaru can be used in ground contact without preservatives. It is widely used in commercial applications where large volumes of fixed dimensions and lengths are required like boardwalk and bridge decking.
Cumaru remains the species of choice for the boardwalk industry and commercial projects where heavy dimensions and large volumes of single lengths or FSC certification is required.
- 100% HEARTWOOD
- 100% CLEAR, no visible defects
- Graded on all faces and edges to allow
for desired face selection
- All products nominal 1” and 5/4” thick are Kiln Dried Products 2” and thicker are Air Dried
- Color ranges from golden yellow to reddish brown
- When left unfinished Cumaru weathers to a natural silver-gray patina
- Mixed medium to course interwoven grain
- Regular cleaning and refinishing with exotic hardwood oil can maintain or restore it’s natural color
- Commercial deck boards, boardwalks, bridge construction, site furniture and heavy timber constructions.
(non-stock / call for availability) Product availability rough sawn full or nominal dimensions S4S or S4S E4E in the following dimensions:
|NOMINAL SIZE||ACTUAL SIZE||PROFILES||LENGTHS|
|2×4||2”x6”||AD DIMENSIONAL LUMBER||8’-20’|
Projects made with Iron Woods® Cumaru: